Monday, June 24, 2013

The False PrincessThe False Princess by Eilis O'Neal

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A good adventure.  I enjoyed this audiobook and listened to it practically straight through.  I don't think it will be classed as a classic, but it was certainly enjoyable.



ALERT: mild spoiler

.

.

.

.

.

.

One thing I really appreciated about this book was the relationship of Cinda to Kiernan.  Given that I have been arguing on adbooks about the opinion that too many books treat relationships in a very superficial manner, with the protagonists advancing to sex very quickly in the relationship, this book provides a very refreshing difference.  Cinda and Kiernan start out as best friends and that is emphasized.  The relationship is treated respectfully, even through realistic ups and downs. 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment