Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: Need A House? Call Ms. Mouse


Need A House? Call Ms. Mouse
Need A House? Call Ms. Mouse by George Mendoza

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I would love to use this book as an impromptu lesson, should I need one as a substitute teacher. It would make a good starter for a writing/drawing lesson. The book has the anthropomorphic Ms. Mouse design human-like houses for various animals, from insects to bears. Having lived for a few years in Alaska, my immediate thought was to have kids design a house for a moose. To accommodate the antlers, the doors could be mushroom shaped, the bed could have a trough at the top, so the dad moose could sleep on his side. I checked into buying a copy on Amazon, though, and a new copy is listed at $220 something and a used copy only slightly less. Too bad it is out of print.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment