Monday, June 24, 2013

Gut gegen NordwindGut gegen Nordwind by Daniel Glattauer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is told completely through emails - or at least the audio version is.  I haven't seen the book.  About half-way through, I came to the conclusion that there was no way it could end happily, and it didn't.  That shouldn't count against it, but, for me, it does.  There was such a connection between the two.  Now I will be depressed for a while.  Sigh.

I had a bit of difficulty with the German at first.  Emmi speaks fairly rapidly and I am simply not used to hearing German much lately.  That is one reason why I like audiobooks - to keep up my German, but I guess I need to listen to more of them.  After a while, though, I didn't notice it so much.  The descriptions of people were the hardest - I'm not sure why. 

Worthwhile, but a bit sad.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment