Saturday, June 8, 2013

Review: Human Body: A Book with Guts!


Human Body: A Book with Guts!
Human Body: A Book with Guts! by Simon Basher

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is an appealing book and it has solid information - and a lot of it. My only question about the book is whether the cartoonish pictures are the best way to illustrate the concepts. Pluses are that they will appeal to kids and the anthropomorphic character of the cartoons adds humor, where the subject might be rather less appealing without them. Negatives are that the real things actually look quite different and for those children who want the real thing, this could be a significant drawback. I ordered this book from the library, based on a recommendation from a parent, who was suggesting the series for a high ability, but very young student. I think this book would certainly fit that bill.

Caveat: this is not the sort of book that I normally read cover to cover. And, I didn't with this one. I sampled pages here and there. So this is not a comprehensive review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment