Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Edge City by Terry and Patty LaBan

I suppose this type of book is simply self-indulgence, but this particular indulgence brings me a lot of pleasure, so "so be it".

This is a cartoon book, in the same category as For Better or For Worse and Stone Soup. This particular book deals with a Jewish family, Len and Abby and their two children Colin and Carly. Much as in both of the aforementioned cartoons, this book follows the ups and downs of family life, only with the Jewish component added. I like it. The Jewishness takes an important and realistic place in their lives - at least as far as I know. I am not Jewish, but I have had good friends over the years who are.

I enjoy cartoon books. I have a rather large collection of them. I especially enjoy cartoon books that elucidate the everyday lives of people from various cultures. I am pleased to add this book to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment