Monday, June 24, 2013

Beauty Queens Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What a hoot!  But a hoot with a lot of messages.  And, yes, I will admit that some of the language, some of the sex, some of the relationships make me a bit uncomfortable.  I am a bit of a prude like that, but this is still one funny book.  I am like one of those people Libba talks about at then end of the audio, the ones who write reviews decrying the language and the morals depicted.  If this weren't so over the top, perhaps I would find it in me to be more irate about it, but I think it is the over the top part that makes me like it.  I don't think it would have worked without it.  Still, I won't be giving it as a present to anyone under the age of, say, 60.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment