Sunday, July 1, 2018

Review: The Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle

The Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle The Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle by Christina Uss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book came to me at an interesting time. I have been following the progress of a person who called himself the Cycling Sketcher. He started in Virginia and bicycled to California. As often as he could, he would accompany his daily progress with a watercolor sketch. This is basically what the protagonist in this story does as well. Given that she is supposedly 12 years old and has only a small amount of money, you know the story will be completely far-fetched (and it was), but it was rather endearing, anyway. If I can set aside my penchant for realistic stories that are really realistic, rather than obviously fantasy, I must admit, I enjoyed this MC for her determination and persistence. And her observations of people.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment