Monday, July 9, 2018

Review: The Length of a String

The Length of a String The Length of a String by Elissa Brent Weissman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In spite of this fairly common trope - connecting the past to the present through a diary - I found this book engrossing and worthwhile. The characters are well-drawn and the story interesting. The connections between past and present are sometimes a bit tenuous, but, in a way, that only adds to the feeling that sometimes you just can't know everything and you must accept what you do know.

Aside: in this digital age, I wonder what will take the place of these olden-days, relatively ubiquitous diaries. Having recently needed to look for old photographs for an upcoming wedding, I recently discovered that digitized pictures aren't as available as I thought. My current computer doesn't have a CD reader attached and I didn't upload all of the pictures from my first computer era. Interestingly, the most accessible, but most tedious to use, are the (hard copy) pictures in that I long ago placed in albums. I wonder how children generations from now will find out about their heritage.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment