Saturday, July 21, 2018

Review: In here, out there! In här, ut där!: Children's Picture Book English-Swedish

In here, out there! In här, ut där!: Children's Picture Book English-Swedish In here, out there! In här, ut där!: Children's Picture Book English-Swedish by Sandra Hamer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This adorable book would probably be effectively translated as "In one ear and out the other". It is a bilingual book with English on top and Swedish underneath and it is really cute. I am proud to say that I also understood on joke in it that is not directly translatable: the little boy's name is Jakob, but on this particular day, he is Nejkob. [Ja means "yes" and Nej means "no".] I have read this several times and I am starting to remember a few words. Ja, it is a bit hopeless; nej, I am not giving up.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment