Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: Tracking Trash: Flotsam, Jetsam, and the Science of Ocean Motion

Tracking Trash: Flotsam, Jetsam, and the Science of Ocean Motion Tracking Trash: Flotsam, Jetsam, and the Science of Ocean Motion by Loree Griffin Burns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think my favorite part of this book is the story of how the main researcher get interested in following ocean currents: the Nike shoes showing up along the western coast of the US, followed by the bathtub toys. It is an interesting, and in many ways tragic, story of what we are doing to our oceans.

I do have one complaint about the copy of the book I got. The library covers the books with plastic, in order to preserve them for a long time. But the flyleaves of the book have great maps of the ocean currents, along with some text explaining parts of the maps. Unfortunately, some of the text is covered up by the plastic and the dust jacket, so, unless I would be bold enough to damage the cover, I couldn't read all of it. Since I dislike damaging books, I didn't. I love maps, though, and I am sorry these weren't repeated inside the book as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment