Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: The Octopus Scientists: Exploring the Mind of a Mollusk

The Octopus Scientists: Exploring the Mind of a Mollusk The Octopus Scientists: Exploring the Mind of a Mollusk by Sy Montgomery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a gorgeously photographed book on a great topic. The only problem with it is that it is a bit too much for the audience that I assume it is designed for: older elementary through high school students. I like that the author introduced each of the researchers and explained how they became interested in octopuses. And it is helpful to detail the struggles that scientists have when doing field research. I must admit, however, that I skimmed many of the parts about the wonders and the beauty of the world in which the octopuses live. I was eager to hear more about the octopuses, not so much the different fish and other denizens of the deep. Still, I am enjoying these science books that I have been perusing lately.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment