Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: It's Code Red!

It's Code Red! It's Code Red! by Zapiro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is probably better than the 3 stars I am giving it, but I can't tell how much better, since I don't know enough about South African politics. The cartoons, as is typical of editorial cartoons, depend quite a bit more on the reader's personal knowledge of the political events depicted than cartoons from the same country, but with a more personal focus, e.g., like Madam and Eve. I could understand much of the humor of Madam and Eve; it was more of a struggle with Zapiro. On the other hand, these cartoons also give me a bit more courage about the political situations around the world. In spite of corruption, infighting, and greed, there does seem to be some political progress. I hope that is the case for the United States as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment