Saturday, June 16, 2018

Review: The New Ocean: The Fate of Life in a Changing Sea

The New Ocean: The Fate of Life in a Changing Sea The New Ocean: The Fate of Life in a Changing Sea by Bryn Barnard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought at first that this book had an unfortunate layout. There are LOTS of words on the pages, and the pages are large. The pictures are good, but I was afraid that the text would overwhelm them. To my surprise, the text was quite readable and interesting. The choices of living things to discuss were good: some are flourishing because of pollution, warming, and acidification, while others are suffering. The book gives a good perspective on change, in that it may throw off a delicate balance in different ways for different animals/plants.

Enjoyable and valuable, though saddening in many ways. We are such poor stewards of our Earth.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment