Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review: A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel


A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel
A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel by Hope Larson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I must preface my comments with the admission that I really don't particularly LIKE graphic novels. I have been trying to like them, but so far, rather unsuccessfully. To me, the development of the character and the story is the most enjoyable part of reading and I find the development of character to be very difficult in graphic novels.

This book was no exception to my general discomfort with graphic novels. There are far too many scenes with the main characters either staring with wide eyes at each other or something weird or floating strangely through black space. At least this one wasn't largely arranged around fighting.

That said, this graphic novel is based on a book that has become a classic and it does retain a lot of the appeal of the original story. That makes it a cut above most of the graphic novels I have tried. And, it will probably make the story more appealing to kids who DO like graphic novels.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment