Friday, April 19, 2013

Review: Seraphina


Seraphina
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I wasn't sure after the first couple of audio discs whether or not I was interested enough to listen to all of them, but I hung on and gradually became more interested in Seraphina and her world. I am glad I stuck with it, as it is lingering with me for a while afterwards. I wasn't especially thrilled with the ending, but I can live with that.

One of the drawbacks of listening to this, rather than reading the book is that I am a very visual person, when it comes to names. I have a very hard time remembering names, unless I see them in print. I am not sure why this is so, but I have found this to be true in my work as a substitute teacher, too. In the case of this book, it meant that I had a little bit of trouble remembering which of the supporting characters was which. I may have missed some of the development and resolution of the mystery because of that. Nevertheless, I did end up enjoying the book and am intrigued by this fantasy world.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment