Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Review: The World Is Not a Rectangle: A Portrait of Architect Zaha Hadid

The World Is Not a Rectangle: A Portrait of Architect Zaha Hadid The World Is Not a Rectangle: A Portrait of Architect Zaha Hadid by Jeanette Winter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an interesting book for young people about a female, Iraqi architect, who had unconventional ideas of how to design buildings. Her works embraced many forms, but took inspiration fromQ nature and natural surroundings. Like other reviewers, I would have liked to have seen photographs of the works along with the drawings, but similarly, their absence led me to look them up on the internet. I like that the book includes some of the obstacles she had to face and some disappointments, but also mentions her determination to keep on doing her work, anyway. Interesting and worthwhile.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment