Saturday, August 11, 2018

Review: Wombat Words of Wisdom and Other Oxymorons

Wombat Words of Wisdom and Other Oxymorons Wombat Words of Wisdom and Other Oxymorons by Ian Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love to collect cartoons/comic strips from various parts of the world and I especially enjoy them when they feature some unique aspect of the place from which they originate. This book is a prime example of that, with the adorable wombat, Doug, as the main character, but many different iconic Australian animals as co-conspirators.

Besides that, it features some good puns, some guest characters from other comics (I am greatly amused by crossovers, for some reason), and above all, good art work. Art work is where a lot of comic strips fail, in my estimation, but this one does not disappoint. The art work is consistently good.

If there is one critique I have of the strip, it is that I am not a huge music / movie buff, so some of the extended pun strips about music groups or movies go a bit over my head, but the other strips about friendship and everyday adventures more than make up for it.

Recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment