Monday, August 13, 2018

Review: Lotta on Troublemaker Street

Lotta on Troublemaker Street Lotta on Troublemaker Street by Astrid Lindgren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This version of the story is somewhere between the original version and the Lotta Makes a Mess! version. The siblings' names are Jonas and Mary and, while the running away isn't part of the title, at least it is sort of included.

For me, the most interesting thing is that Mrs. Berg actually caters to Lotta's wishes. I am not sure I would have been so tolerant: helping her re-arrange the attic and decorate it, staying with her while she discovers and plays with the doll, and bringing her two meals. I am not surprised at the mother's matter of fact attitude, but she (the mother) doesn't seem to abet Lotta's plans as much as Mrs. Berg does.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment