Sunday, March 11, 2018

Review: Tisha: The Wonderful True Love Story of a Young Teacher in the Alaskan Wilderness

Tisha: The Wonderful True Love Story of a Young Teacher in the Alaskan Wilderness Tisha: The Wonderful True Love Story of a Young Teacher in the Alaskan Wilderness by Robert Specht
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Somehow, I think if I were a REAL Alaskan, this type of book would be in my blood. It deals with teaching, kids, and the challenges of the Alaskan bush, with a sympathetic heroine and interesting points of view. It highlights the stubborn persistence of prejudice and class distinctions. I should love it. And I did read the whole thing and enjoy it. But I am not a REAL Alaskan and it isn't in my blood. I wonder if a book about the Mid-West would be more Me.

Nevertheless, this is a huge favorite for many Alaskans. It is a good story and heartwarming.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment