Friday, March 9, 2018

Review: Escape from Aleppo

Escape from Aleppo Escape from Aleppo by N.H. Senzai
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As many times as I have read both fiction and non-fiction about the Middle East, I never manage to remember who at least one and usually most of the groups are. Some, I know nothing about (e.g., Druze), some I know a little about (Hezbollah), some I know a lot about (Sunni, Shia, Kurd). But usually, it just leaves me confused and discouraged. This book is no exception - too many groups fighting each other; too much danger and privation. The story was interesting enough to pull me in, though, and I did get a sense of how difficult and scary the situation must be, especially for children. I just wish there were some way out of the conflicts. I wish my own country's involvement had been for mercy and humanitarian intervention. I wish it weren't SO HARD to find a way to solve the problems in the Middle East.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment