Thursday, October 9, 2014

Review: Minnie McClary Speaks Her Mind


Minnie McClary Speaks Her Mind
Minnie McClary Speaks Her Mind by Valerie Hobbs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I am a bit surprised that this book hasn't hit my radar sooner than this and that it wasn't available in my library system. I was able to order it through interlibrary loan, though.

I really enjoyed the whole focus of the book - the idea of asking good questions about life and standing up for what is right. I suppose that some people might be a bit uncomfortable about the issues that it brings up, but they are current and relevant. I like the fact that the main character, Minnie, is going through a very uncertain phase of her life and I think her dilemmas are craftily elucidated. The book isn't preachy or didactic; it seemed honest and supportive. I enjoyed it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment