Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review: Dumbing Down America: The War on Our Nation's Brightest Young Minds


Dumbing Down America: The War on Our Nation's Brightest Young Minds
Dumbing Down America: The War on Our Nation's Brightest Young Minds by James R. Delisle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Dr. Delisle is absolutely one of my favorite lecturers and all around good guy of education, especially gifted education. So, it is with some reluctance that I admit that this book didn't have me mesmerized. The information is sound and compelling; the cause is super important and one that I thoroughly support; it just doesn't have quite the fire that I wanted. I supposed I am spoiled by his other books. I wanted the anecdotes of living and working with gifted children. I wanted the teachers' struggles, the administrators' questions. What I got was cold, hard facts and analysis. Don't get me wrong: these are VERY important and for the target audience of the book, this is what is needed. But it doesn't hit me in the heart like his other books have.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment