Sunday, September 21, 2014

Review: Golden Urchin


Golden Urchin
Golden Urchin by Madeleine Brent

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I feel a little self-conscious about liking this book, because I think there are a number of problems with it, but I actually did enjoy it. I don't know enough about the ways of aboriginal Australians to judge whether that part was accurate, but if it is, I must admit that that part was very interesting to me.

The mystery of her past and the intrigue over her heritage was interesting enough for me to continue with the book, even though it reads a lot like a bodice-ripping romance and was a bit predictable.

One of the things that is also intriguing is that she could smell people well enough to identify them using only scent. I read an article recently that indicated that liberals and conservatives actually smell different. Perhaps this idea isn't as far fetched as it sounds.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment