Sunday, August 17, 2014

Review: Hey Darwin! at the Zu Daily Strips Volume 1: Darwin & Co and Stoopid Zu Cartoons


Hey Darwin! at the Zu Daily Strips Volume 1: Darwin & Co and Stoopid Zu Cartoons
Hey Darwin! at the Zu Daily Strips Volume 1: Darwin & Co and Stoopid Zu Cartoons by Ron Ruelle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



As a collector of comics and cartoons, I enjoy finding ones that are unfamiliar to me and I have enjoyed this one. I like the cast of characters and their foibles. And the art work is good. So why has it taken me a while to read this one? I have been pondering that and I finally realized that the problem for me is that, in this book, the cartoons are reprinted too small. I think it was Doonesbury that decried the continual shrinking down of the cartoons in newspapers and this cartoon proves that point. I generally read in bed or in a reclining chair and I need reading glasses to read. But, even with my glasses on, the print is pretty small and I have to strain to read all of the words. In a cartoon that depends on words for a lot of its humor, it is vital that the words be easily read. Ah, age.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment