Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review: The Fire Within


The Fire Within
The Fire Within by Chris d'Lacey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Yes, there are dragons in this book. And the developing story about the dragons promises to be interesting. But, this first book in the series is really about squirrels. The rather unexpected pairing makes for an odd story. It works, sort of, but it feels a bit strained / strange.

I am trying to decide now, if I will try more of the series. The dragons are intriguing, but I have read some of the reviews of the subsequent books and I am not sure if they will turn out to be too dark for me. I am a bit squeamish.

I read this book in one day of subbing. The students were taking MAPS tests all day and I had two planning periods. With little to do, I managed to finish the whole book. The teacher had the rest of the series, too, so maybe they do appeal to kids.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment