Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: The Snow Queen


The Snow Queen
The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



After seeing the movie Frozen, I decided it would be interesting to compare various versions of The Snow Queen. Now, after having looked at three different picture book versions, I have decided that I really don't particularly like the story. The various vignettes of action along the way just don't seem to hang together very well. It reminds me of the way some children write: first this happened, then this happened, then this happened, and finally this (slightly more interesting thing) happened.

I was going to read some of the longer book adaptations of the story, but I am reconsidering the idea now. I think I will move on to something else. So many books; so little time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment