Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Alice, I Think


Alice, I Think
Alice, I Think by Susan Juby

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



OK, first off, I have to say that I am abandoning this book. It is funny and off the wall, but for me, that doesn't last long enough to get me through the book. The voice of the MC is clear. She puts down just about everything; she is bizarre, just for the sake of being bizarre. But I need more than that. Normally, when I find that I am getting annoyed with a book that just doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I look ahead and see if I can find something that will hook me in again. But, by sampling pages here and there, I didn't find any change in the MC. She is still sarcastic and bizarre. Maybe there is some growth there; I am not going to stick around to find it.

Interestingly, though, I can think of 3 former students of mine who I think would LOVE the MC. So, don't be put off by this review. There are some people who love this book; I am just not one of them.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment