Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Review: Princess Princess Ever After

Princess Princess Ever After Princess Princess Ever After by Katie O'Neill
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Once again, I fail the graphic novel test. I just don't care for them, to be honest. The problem is, I expect some character depth and nuance and it just isn't there for me. The characters all seem like caricatures, rather than people with depth. We have the strong, black, hard-working, tough-talking princess. We have the slightly overweight, blond, simpering princess, and we have the relatively clueless prince. Sure, it is nice to have a lesbian romance, but it is a bit too superficial for me. Sorry, I didn't love this book. I am glad it exists, but the story could be better. The illustrations are good, though. They are heavily influenced by manga, so, if that is your thing, you may enjoy this book more than I did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment