Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Review: The Runaway King


The Runaway King
The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book starts out slower than its predecessor (The False Prince), but it ends up with a LOT of action - almost too much for me. I am a rather wimpy reader and fighting makes me very anxious. Many people like this kind of excitement in their reading, but I don't. What I do like about this book is trying to understand Jaron's world from his point of view and trying to puzzle out what he should do next. I like his bravery and his honesty, yes, even when he deliberately lets people think something is true when he knows it isn't. He could set the record straight, but uses people's prejudices to further his cause.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment