Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Review: The False Prince


The False Prince
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I read this book in one day and really enjoyed it. It isn't a book with great deeper significance or long lasting messages, but it is a thoroughly enjoyable read.

I went looking for it at my local B & N store, with only the remembrance of what the cover looked like. I couldn't find it in the kids' section, but eventually located it in the teens' section. I think it reads a bit young compared to most of what I seem to find in YA these days, but I really LIKED that. A lot of YA has gotten too violent, too sexualized, and too dark for me. Give me a book like this any day. There is violence in the book, but the book isn't centrally focused on the violence. For me, there is a difference.

I will look for the sequels.

The first time I read this book, I read it for the story. The second time, almost immediately after finishing the book the first time, I read it to determine just how much Sage/Jaron was telling the truth throughout the book and how the author had managed that aspect of the story. I also began to see the reason why Sage always seemed so angry and defiant.

The third time I read it, I saw the hurt child behind the angry and defiant teen. The one who reluctantly gave up his childhood in loyalty to his country and his family.

Much enjoyed.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment