Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Review: The Lunar Antics Presents: Boy I'd Hate to be Made Out of That Stuff!


The Lunar Antics Presents: Boy I'd Hate to be Made Out of That Stuff!
The Lunar Antics Presents: Boy I'd Hate to be Made Out of That Stuff! by Robert Walters

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I should have liked this book better than I did. I like science fiction and I REALLY enjoy cartoons and comic strips. In fact, I have a quite large collection of the latter and I used to have a large collection of the former. I am not sure why this one was just enjoyable and not great.

Perhaps one of the reasons is that the humor is often in the form of put-downs. They are, in many cases, well deserved, but it feels like as assault, rather than a commiseration.

I was hopeful that the embodiment of life's little ironies would provide something I really could enjoy, and these were some of my favorite strips, but they didn't appear for long.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment