Friday, January 11, 2019

Review: Hey, Kiddo

Hey, Kiddo Hey, Kiddo by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I envy kids who knew what they wanted to do as an adult from a young age. I don't think I ever had this sense of identification with any future profession or job. It seems to have given Jarrett, the boy, a sense of coherence to an often jumbled and complicated series of relationships to the people in his life. I am not sure I would have been strong enough to come out of such a life as well as he did, dealing both with his mother's heroin addiction and his custodial grandmother's alcoholism.

Interesting, and another graphic novel that I actually enjoyed. This story is really made for a graphic novel format. The art work isn't necessarily a favorite for me, but it works and works well here. I REALLY appreciated the notes at the end of the book, too. They add a lot of depth to the story for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment