Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Review: Anastasia Krupnik

Anastasia Krupnik Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was recently looking at a web page that compared the covers from various editions of this book http://comparativecoverart.tumblr.com and this spurred me on to read this book again. Lately, I have been wanting to read some old favorites, anyway. They seem to be soothing to me, when I am disappointed that I don't especially like books that others are raving about. At any rate, I enjoyed my re-read of Anastasia. It is a straightforward, old-fashioned, comforting book about family and about changing your mind about things in life.

But, I must say, I agree with the Comparative Cover Art person: they never DO get Anastasia's hair color right on the covers. This wouldn't be a big deal, except that her hair color IS mentioned over and over again and is one of the connections between Anastasia, her father, her grandparents, and, yes, her new baby brother.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment