Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Review: The Battle of Darcy Lane


The Battle of Darcy Lane
The Battle of Darcy Lane by Tara Altebrando

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I liked this book enough to read it in one sitting, which says a lot, since that hasn't happened much for me lately. It is not a classic and probably never will be, but it fulfills a need for me for just plain "regular" books. No werewolves, vampires, fairies, or other strange folk; no murders, rapes, or other dire happenings. This is just a realistic slice of life book and I appreciate it for that.

There are two things that also make it a cut above the rest. First of all, the parents of the main character are there throughout the book and they are portrayed positively. They not only like the MC, but they also like each other. This has become, unfortunately, rather rare in current books.

The second one is that the beginnings of teenage rebellion are shown, but the MC and her parents are shown dealing with them in positive ways.

Worthwhile.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment