Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: Twerp


Twerp
Twerp by Mark Goldblatt

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I liked this book, don't get me wrong, but there is something about it that makes me not quite REALLY like it. Part of the reason is that, like life, a lot of the things in the book are not quite resolved. That should be good, but it leaves me feeling like it ended, but it wasn't really finished. There were quite a few interesting characters in the book, but we never got to know enough about them. What happened to Danley after he got his brace off? How did Beverly feel after the field trip? Why did Jillian go off with Devlin? How did Amelia react to Julian's first date? What is Eduardo all about?

The big climax also was a bit weird to me. It seemed a bit out of character - too much so. The other vignettes were believable - the last one seemed not quite consistent with the MC's character.

I like the book, I just don't quite REALLY LIKE it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment