Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review: Keeping the Castle


Keeping the Castle
Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I enjoyed this one, but it brings to mind my completely deficient background. I have read some of the books and authors that the book ostensibly mimics, but not thoroughly or recently enough to recall the details. I understand the irony, but for me, the appeal of the book is its lightheartedness. I am growing weary of the "save the world from evil forces" genre and the "dire things happening in the modern world" genre. It is nice to have just a fun romp through a ridiculously incongruous representation of 19th century nobility.

It probably warrants re-reading with an eye for allusions to the classics, but I probably won't get around to that. Sigh.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment