Monday, December 19, 2011

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier, read by Sascha Icks

Rubinrot - Liebe geht durch alle ZeitenRubinrot - Liebe geht durch alle Zeiten by Kerstin Gier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I listened to this book on audio, in what I assume is the original German. I am a native English speaker, but my understanding of German is fairly good. I like the premise of the book and the whole set up is intriguing, but right now, like another reviewer, I am a bit annoyed at my reaction to the book. I got to the end of the 4th CD that the book came on and I couldn't believe it was the end. I had to check to make sure there wasn't perchance another CD that I missed. Nothing is tied up; nothing is solved; nothing is clear - except, I suppose that Gwyn and Gideon will somehow get together (that is a prediction, not a spoiler). Sigh.

I suppose it is a tribute to the book that I now feel as though I really DO have to buy the other two books. Oh, well, it is good practice to keep up my German.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment