Monday, November 14, 2011

Elske by Cynthia Voigt

Elske (Kingdom, #4)Elske by Cynthia Voigt

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't realize this was the fourth book in a series, until I came to Goodreads to add it. So, I guess that means that, for the most part, the story stands by itself well enough. There were some references to Jackaroo at the end that rather puzzled me - and now that I know that the first book in the series was called Jackaroo, that makes a bit more sense.

The book drew me in with the character of Elske. Beriel, on the other hand, mostly annoyed me. In some ways, the story reminds me of the books by Tamora Pierce and other historical fantasy books. One of the things that especially intrigues me about books like this is that they are often accompanied by maps of the various lands. For some reason, I really enjoy this.

Maybe, if I ever try to write a story myself, I should start by drawing a map.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment