Sunday, January 28, 2007

Something's Fishy, Hazel Green by Odo Hirsch

This book is for a slightly younger set than what I usually read - the blurb on Amazon says 3rd through 5th grade, which I would judge to be about right. The plot revolves around the mystery of some stolen lobsters, but the thing that is most interesting about the book is the way the main character, Hazel Green, interacts with the people in her neighborhood and school. Hazel seems to know all of the shop keepers and visits them regularly. She also has some interesting child friends - a mostly faithful follower and a mathematician kid. And Hazel herself is quite an interesting character. I love the way she muses about people and things that happen around her - I guess it is because I am rather that way, too - with my mind going off on rather chaotic tangents at times. All in all, a rather enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment