Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Passion of the Keef by Keith Knight

There is one advantage to being sick - you get more books read. I am not sure that I enjoy them as well as I would have if I had been well, but ...

I like some of the points that Keith Knight makes in his cartoons, many of which focus on racial interactions. And I especially enjoyed, in this book, his series on Life's Little Victories.

But, I am not especially fond of the art work. It is a bit too cluttered and sometimes just reading the strip is more effort than it should be. I also subscribe to a service that sends me certain political cartoons, one of which is drawn by Ted Rall. My reaction to both of them is the same. I find the ideas interesting, but the artwork is too intimidating - visually too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment